- January 24th, 2012 at 10:16 pm
- No comments
Great-tasting desserts and sweet treats don't have to heat up the kitchen. There are plenty of ways to make cool desserts, from using purchased cakes and toppings to cooking on the stovetop or in the microwave. No-bake cookies are a snap, taking only one minute on the stovetop, and some no-bake cheesecakes and pies need no cooking at all.
For company, let your guests build their own shortcakes with purchased sponge cake, whipped topping, and a variety of fresh sliced fruits and berries. Keep frozen fruit juice pops on hand for the kids, along with instant puddings and flavored gelatin. Keep your cool with one of the featured dessert recipes, and go on to the next page for more no-bake cookies, candies, and desserts.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling